Thursday 20 September 2012

Things that change when you have a baby

I remember when I was pregnant with our child and everyone would say that having a baby changes everything. I was a little irritated because I thought I understood that already. Why did people keep telling me like I didn't know? Then, Nuha came and I suddenly understood. I don't think that is something anyone can really grasp until they have their first child. Having a baby changes a person's life in so many ways, regardless of how old you are when you have it. Here's how Nuha has changed me in so many ways:
  1. I respect my parent and love them in a new way. Having Nuha makes me love my parent even more because I am now going through what my parent had gone through for me. And the fact that they never make a fuss about their hardship makes me realize that I am one lucky girl. 
  2. Once you are responsible for another human being, you see things differently. You start to see things in a different light. The way you think about money changes. I would rather buy a plastic tricycle than those shoes that I've been dying to have. Now, I think in terms of how many diapers, or clothes that RM50 could buy.  I see the world differently because I see in terms of how it will effect my baby.  Having Nuha really changes my perspective on absolutely everything. My priorities shift 
  3. You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own. Nuha had her first fever recently. I swear to god that I've never felt this sad and worried when I saw the symptoms at the start of a cold hit her. I cried when I saw mucus running down the back of her throat. 
  4. If you didn’t believe in love at first sight before, now you do!
  5. I've never felt this accomplished before. Having Nuha is by far the greatest achievement in my life. 
  6. My social life drastically taper down because Nuha does not usually take well to restaurants or other outings. However, this is going to depend on your baby and how you two are as a couple.
  7. Sudden sleep deprivation. Caring for baby requires a tremendous exertion of energy. You have to continually feed your baby, burp it, and change its diapers. It is also important that you monitor baby—even if the baby is napping—to ensure her breathing is regular. On top of that, you have to go to work and do the house chores. Can you imagine how tiring it is?
  8. As a breastfeeding mom, I dress differently than I used to. Now. whatever I wear I have to think of my baby. I can't wear tight fitting top as it would give me a hard time to feed my baby. 
  9. I go to bed as early as 8 pm and wake up at 5 am everyday.
  10. I've never been this happy!!! In fact, I am happy all the time even when my job is killing me.
  11. I discover an inner strength I never thought I had. I think I just became a superhero because my love for Nuha is limitless. I never knew I had this capacity to love. I am now more intuitive, sensitive, protective and caring.
  12. I think about Nuha all the time. I have this new habit of doodling my baby's name when in meetings or when I'm bored. And I can't think of anything else to write about other than Nuha. My blog bores you.. I know. heh
So, yes. Having a baby will be a life-changer. Along with the sleep deprivation and loss of freedom will come things you never even imagined.  This is her, the girl who changes me in a lot of ways.

2 comments:

Arya Stark said...

Hanna, baby Nuha is adorable and super chubbssss! hehe. do blog about ur baby more... i just love reading mommy blogs hehe. and yeah.. i have to agree with u bout the clothes we wear when we breastfeed... especially me being fat n all. one thing i miss the most is maxi dresses!!! each time i see a gorgeous one, i'd go "shittt, i wish i can wear that" once i stop breastfeeding, im gonna buy a dozen maxi dresses! hahaa

Hanna Rabittah said...

dina! tiba2 i semangat nak blog psl nuha. hahah i love reading mommy blogs too esp your blog!!!!heheh